Trying to keep up with all the latest trends, apps, platforms and trending apps on platforms? It can be a lot, so let us help keep you up to speed with a deep dive into one of the fastest-growing communities on the web.
What is it?
Twitch is an Amazon-owned online service for watching and streaming digital video. It can be accessed anywhere: on browsers, mobile devices, game consoles and OTT boxes/smart devices. If you have an Amazon account, you have a Twitch account. Though initially created to let users stream video games, Twitch now provides the ability to stream an incredible variety of activities, from full TV series watch-alongs to music, jigsaw puzzling, coding, crocheting and beyond.
- 30M daily active users on average, with 100% new growth
- Twitch is growing as fast as TikTok; it currently has 12M daily users
- Average user spends 95 minutes per day on Twitch
- The largest percentage of viewers (25%) comes from the U.S.
Why should I care?
The gaming industry is bigger than movies and sports combined. Worth almost $180B, it has surpassed the combined revenue of the global film ($100B) and North American sports ($75B) industries . Twitch is the number one place to watch esports. The platform is responsible for 70% of all esports viewing and 92% of esports fans prefer to watch on Twitch.
It’s got a BIG influencer culture.
- 62% of viewers engage with esports and gaming personalities daily.
- Twitch influencers (or “Partners”) get to choose how often and how long ads run during their content.
- 64% of viewers purchase products recommended by streamers.
Isn’t it just another media channel?
Nope! What really captures attention on Twitch are the unique sponsorship offerings:
- Interactive activities called “bounty boards” let your brand set gamified on-stream tasks or goals for streamers, and allow you to engage directly with Partners and their audiences.
- Totally unique activations in the form of interactive events or brand-related streams. The sky’s the limit, but with the help of the Twitch Brand Partnership Studio, we can identify a novel and authentic connection between your brand and the community.
Like any media platform, Twitch has demographic targeting options and a selection of standard media buys, including pre-roll and mid-roll video, display units, and channel and event sponsorships.
Can I just add Twitch as a media channel and run existing assets?
Twitch isn’t like any other social medium. It requires a different approach if you want to capture (positive) attention from your audience. Truth is here to help you:
- Align your brand with the right Twitch opportunity
- Embrace Twitch culture and celebrate the community
- Support content creators
- Not take yourself too seriously
- Be as genuine as possible
Inspiring Twitch activations from other brands:
Super Bowl Ad
Twitch chat controlled an interactive mechanical-bull couch.
Wendy’s Twitch channel streams the Nintendo Switch exclusive.
Expert-hosted safaris, streamed for a younger demographic