This week we’re delving into a repair manual for the creativity crisis by author, Orlando Wood, Chief Innovation Officer at System1, from London, England. He joins John Roberts, CSO at Truth Collective in Rochester, NY, to share his revolutionary new book, Lemon: How advertising turned sour… and what we can do about it. Join them as they dig into why fame, feeling, and fluency are at the heart of what brands need to be doing, why they aren’t, and what it means for small agencies.
Key Take Aways:
- Why advertising sours and how we can sweeten our work through character, incident, and place
- Connecting with the real world through the right brain
- Why left-brain dominance is driving more than it should and what to do about it
- Emotion doesn’t just mean sentimentality
- Why the brief is broken and how to remedy it