This week, we’re seeing if the grass is greener for strategists that have gone client-side. Carrie Riby, director of marketing at Black Button Distilling, and Inga Grote-Ebbs, brand director at FIFCO USA, join John Roberts, CSO at Truth Collective – all from Rochester, New York – to share what the view is like from the other side of the relationship. With one in four strategists considering a career move towards the client side, we’re learning what it’s all about and what it means for small agencies.
Key Take Aways:
- Understanding the needs and behavior of the audience is still the name of the game
- Strategy has a different meaning for agencies and clients
- Agencies and clients are not on opposing sides, but come with different perspectives
- The best work comes when there’s a partnership
- The “brief” problem – navigating gaps, approaches, and the handover